Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Music Meme Time

It's Wednesday again, so time for some Midweek Music Meme action:

What music piece from a movie stands out for you as particularly memorable and/or enjoyable?

I have a few answers to this question. First off, the scores to the Lord of the Rings trilogy are very moving to me. There's a lot of celtic flavor in the music, and the emotions of the movies are often accurately captured by the score pieces. I'm especially thinking of the "Rohan Theme" from The Two Towers when Eowyn storms out of Meduseld Hall and the Flag of Rohan flies off into the plains.

My second answer is the main theme to Jurassic Park. I don't know why, but there's something about that theme that stirs up a sense of adventure and awe in my mind.

My third answer is "Your Song" from Moulin Rouge. Ewan McGregor does such a FANTASTIC job singing it! It's just so romantic and dramatic, and Elton John's lyrics are what every man wants to tell his woman. The hopeful romantic in me loves this number and everything about it: the costumes, the singing, the crooning animated moon. The rest of the movie has some good uses of music as well. Moulin Rouge is just an all-around great musical.

No comments: