Tuesday, September 28, 2004

New Project Idea

A few years ago on my other website, I wrote some reviews of the BeauSoleil CDs that I own (for anyone who has not been paying attention to my other posts, this is BeauSoleil). I wrote them for a sub-page on my site about the band. I don't really take the time to update it anymore because Geocities' sitebuilder is kind of a pain in the butt. I know, I know, I should just update anyway, but it became more of a chore than a fun thing. Because I have other album reviews on this blog, and because this blog is my "main" web presence at the moment, I think I am going to do the following:

I am going to get the reviews from my BeauSoleil page, update them, and then post them on my blog for posterity and easier access. I will also update the reviews on the pages they came from so that everything is OK and synchronized. I'll probably be doing this over the next week or two, depending on my motivation and how long I take to update the reviews. After I've posted all of my old reviews, I'll debut a brand-new review of their newest disc, Gitane Cajun!!

My reviews back then were drastically different from my reviews now. I didn't ramble on about each song like I do now. I will ramble on the old reviews now if I find I need to do so, otherwise I'll edit the information as I see fit or just leave it as is if I find I am satisfied with my previous thoughts.

So that is what is going on with my blog this week. I know the majority of you have never even heard of this band, but I highly encourage you to check them out. Perhaps my reviews will lead you to explore their music. If all else fails, at least you can enjoy my writing style and attempts to capture the magic of music in words.

*update* After browsing through the older BeauSoleil reviews, I've decided to completely start the reviews again and do a song-by-song commentary like I do now. I'll use some information from the older reviews. Also, I will link both the old and new reviews on both this site and the other site.

*second update* It appears I'm going to have to write a brand-new review of their album "Cajun Conja" as well. Why? Because I completely forgot to write one when I bought it!! So there will be two new, never-before-seen reviews of BeauSoleil albums fairly soon.

*third update!* Oops! I suppose I did write a review of "Cajun Conja" after all. I don't know why I thought I hadn't. So I've linked both reviews on the sidebar like I did for the others.

No comments: