Friday, September 08, 2006

I went to Borders today for a little book shopping, and I did very well!

The coolest thing I bought is The Rolling Stone Encyclopedia of Rock & Roll. It was in the bargain books section for $9.99! And it's hardcover! I don't know what the difference is between it and the paperback version they have in the new books section. They want $28 for that version, so I made out very well! It's basically a reference book - it lists members of each band, gives a basic discography, and then a biography of the band or artist. The more "important" the band, the longer the biography. I don't know how much I'll read it, but I'm sure it will be useful for those "who is THAT?" moments and those "how old IS that guy anyway?" moments.

I also bought a photography book called "The Everything Photography Book." I don't know exactly how good it is, but it looks very useful to me. Much of the information seems to be about composition, which is what I'm looking for in a photography book. I'm not really ready nor do I have the desire to do any hardcore photo editing, so I don't have much use for books with that information yet.

The third book I bought is "Chronicles Volume One" by Bob Dylan. I found this in the bargain books section for just $5.99. I think it's that cheap because it's the U.K. version. To my knowledge, the words are the same, so it really doesn't matter which version I get. I couldn't pass up that deal, even if I'm not a huge Dylan fan.

I just love buying new books! I need to read more often than I do, though. Reading is very important to me.

No comments: