Monday, March 26, 2007

Monday Music Mambo - 3/26/07

Today's Mambo was all about drummers and drumming:

1. Name some of your favorite drummers. Or name A drummer if you don't have any favorites.

Mitch Mitchell (Jimi Hendrix's drummer), Keith Moon, Jimmy Chamberlin of Smashing Pumpkins, Tre Cool of Green Day, to name but a few.

2. What song contains your favorite drum performance?

"Who Are You" by The Who has some excellent drumming by Keith Moon. The patterns he came up with are just incredible.

3. Do you prefer the drummer to simply keep a beat, or do you like him or her to show off a bit?

I like a drummer who shows off and gives it his or her best!

4. If you were a drummer, how would you personalize your drum kit?

I'd put University of Oregon logos all over, of course. Then, I'd put a moon on it to honor Keith Moon, and I'd figure out some way to honor John Bonham as well. Maybe I'd put a star on there for Ringo Starr too, even though he's still alive.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keith Moon is THE MAN. I'm a second-generation Who fan, so I'm totally with you on this one.