Friday, March 30, 2007

Top Five On Friday - 3/30/07

Hard choices to be made for today's Top Five On Friday:

Top 5 albums that you can't live without. (And tell us why you can't live without them)

1) Volume 3: Further In Time by Afro Celt Sound System. Why? It's my favorite album of all time, that's why!
2) 1 by The Beatles. Do compilations count? I don't care if they do or not, because there's no way I could live without some of the best songs ever made.
3) Who's Next by The Who. Why? Take three of the greatest rock songs of all time, add in some beautiful singing and fat drums, tack some killer bonus tracks on the end, and you have one great album!
4) Grace by Jeff Buckley. Why? Jeff is one of the best voices of all time, and this album always brings great memories for me.
5) Electric Ladyland by The Jimi Hendrix Experience. Why? I can't be without some Hendrix, and I think this is the funkiest, nastiest guitar album that Jimi ever made.

Honorable Mention: Siamese Dream by Smashing Pumpkins. This was going to be my original #3 pick, but I'd much rather have "Baba O'Riley" and "Won't Get Fooled Again."

1 comment:

The Mistress of the Dark said...

1 and Love are 2 of the best Beatles compilations. If you havent' bought Love yet, you really should. The arrangements on the tracks are wonderful.