Sunday, March 11, 2007

We ARE the champions!

Wow! Oh my goodness! North and the U of Oregon both won their championship games! I'm so excited that both of my schools are basketball champions.

North Eugene High won over Roosevelt High from Portland, 38-28. This is the first time since 1977 that North has won the boys' basketball state championship. That '77 team had former NBA star Danny Ainge. I'm very happy for my old school. I think it's great that they went out there and earned a title and gained some recognition.

The U of O Ducks beat the USC Trojans in the Pac-10 Mens' basketball championship 81-57. This season has been one wild ride. Wins, losses, a win over UCLA (number one in the nation at the time). When the heat was on, the Ducks came through and that's what it's all about. Now we'll see where they are in the NCAA tournament and hopefully they'll go far in that as well.

Congratulations Highlanders and Ducks!!

No comments: