Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Take Me Back Tuesday - 5/29/07

Take me back!

1. What music do you associate with vacations?

Me? Go on vacations? Hahaha! Well, the one vacation I remember was our trip to Maui in 1998 (oh my, that's almost ten years ago!) The hot song back then was "That Girl" by Maxi Priest and Shaggy. There was also a song out by a girl who used to be on the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. I don't even remember her name now, nor do I remember the name of the song. Radio stations on Maui seem to play a lot of relaxed, smooth, party music.

2. Are there any albums that you seem to listen to more in the summer than the other seasons? If so what are they?

I think I probably listen to the Afro Celt Sound System more in the summer because their music reminds me of nature and the beautiful earth. I think I reach for the more upbeat stuff during summer, like my Zydeco albums (all two of them). I don't know what I'll listen to this summer, but Last.fm will be able to show us just that.

3. What music do you like to listen to when your sitting out in the sun catching the rays (or just relaxing in the outdoors)

I'm not outdoors as much as I should be, but when I am I listen to loud, energetic stuff that puts me in a good mood. If I'm just sitting around on the grass, I also like to listen to peaceful, beautiful music.

1 comment:

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Until my first weekend trip to Atlantic City 3 years ago I hadn't been on vacation in over 10 years. I can feel your pain....

Now go on VACATION!!