Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Mygeist

I've been enjoying the Smashing Pumpkins' Zeitgeist again today, but I think it would be a better album if the song sequence was changed. I think "Tarantula" would have made a much better album opener than "Doomsday Clock." "Tarantula" gets you pumped up and excited. I also think they made a huge mistake in using synthesizers and such on "For God And Country." The acoustic version they do in concert (I'm sure it's on Youtube) is much better and actually sounds like a Smashing Pumpkins song. The album version sounds like something from Billy Corgan's solo album and takes all the beauty away.

Here's my ideal Zeitgeist:

1. Tarantula
2. Bring The Light
3. Doomsday Clock
4. Starz
5. That's The Way (My Love Is)
6. 7 Shades Of Black
7. United States
8. Neverlost
9. Bleeding The Orchid
10. For God And Country (acoustic version)
11. (Come On) Let's Go!
12. Pomp And Circumstances

I really hope that makes for a balanced, constantly entertaining album. "Pomp And Circumstances" should still be the album closer. I think "(Come On) Let's Go!" fits well between a softer "For God And Country" and "Pomp" - one last rocker before things wind down for good.

Any Pumpkins fans out there agree with me? Or am I completely nuts?

No comments: