Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Take Me Back Tuesday - 7/10/07

Today's Take Me Back Tuesday topic is guilty pleasures of our youth:

Did you have any bands that you were ashamed of liking in your younger days?

When I was younger, I don't think I had any shame about anything I listened to. I don't think I really made my listening habits too public. I will say, though, that unlike today I would have never been caught listening to rock as a teenager. How silly I was!

Do you look back on some of the things you listened to and groan? If so, what were they?

I groan at pretty much everything I listened to. MC Hammer, Technotronic, Bobby Brown, and so much more. It's scary how far I've come as a music fan.

Up through the 80's there were a lot of music related tv shows did you watch any? (That weren't on Mtv or Vh-1)

I was born in the 80s, so MTV was the only music-related thing I ever watched.

A good many singers/musicians made films that were pretty awful, but have a cult following, which ones do you like?

I don't really understand this one. Next question . . .

Are any of your youthful guilty pleasures still favorites now? Or do you pretend like you never liked them?

I don't think I really listen to any of my guilty pleasures from my childhood on a regular basis. I still have a few guilty pleasure CDs, though. I don't really listen to them anymore, because there is so much else to listen to.

2 comments:

The Mistress of the Dark said...

You've never seen Give My Regards To Broad Street, McCartney? Or Hard To Hold, Rick Springfield? Or Xanadu or Two Of A Kind, Olivia Newton-John...And then there's Who's That Girl, Madonna....

Russ said...

Never seen any of them. I'm not a Madonna fan (have seen her in Dick Tracy, though. There's an answer to the question!). Not a fan of Rick Springfield or ON-J. I am a fan of McCartney, but only recently knew he even made a non-Beatles movie. I'll have to check that one out sometime.