Thursday, August 23, 2007

Blog Roundup - 8/23/07

Blog roundup is back! Most of you probably don't even remember it, but it's something I started last year. The last one I did was on February 16, 2007. I'm trying to increase my number of non-meme blog posts, so re-launching this will help me get there. I'm changing it a little, though - I'll search around for new blogs on comments and blogrolls instead of just looking at the blogs I read. Also, I now have an easier way to do it - I made a folder in my bookmarks where I can put any interesting posts I read!

Here are some recent posts that I like:

  • Nat has a post about angry songs. I think she picked out some great angry tunes, starting with the classic "You Oughta Know" by Alanis Morrisette.
  • Deni Bonet, the Last Girl On Earth, needs to go back in for another round of eye surgery. She had it done some months back, but her vision has been getting worse lately. She's look for suggestions for audiobooks to keep her occupied during her must-shut-eyes days after the surgery. I'll have to give that one a think.
  • Mister Peace tells us why the late 90s were full of crap in not one but two posts. I lived through the late 90s, and I think I agree with him on most of his reasons. It's funny how a decade can change your mind.
  • Elton reviews the movie "Superbad" on his latest entry. His take? It's funny, but very crude and deserving of the R-rating.

No comments: