Friday, August 10, 2007

Friday's Feast - 8/10/07

And now . . . Friday's Feast!

Appetizer - What is your favorite kind of pie?

I'm not sure I can decide between pumpkin and apple. I think I'll choose pumpkin because you can get apple anywhere.

Soup - Name something that made you smile this week.

Hearing new-to-me Elvis Costello tunes made me smile and smile big.

Salad - What do you do to cool off when the weather is hot and humid?

We don't get much humidity here, but when I'm hot I just go inside where there's A/C. If that's not enough, I remove my shirt. If even that isn't enough, I'll rub myself down with ice. Now THAT feels good on a hot day.

Main Course - You receive $1,000 in the mail with a letter that says you can only use the money to redecorate one room in your home. Which room do you pick, and what do you buy to spruce it up?

If things could be nice, easy and quick, I'd redecorate my room (it still has splatter-paint from when we moved in when I was 12). First I'd buy paint, probably some shade of green since that's my favorite color. I'd probably get a new bed. There's nothing wrong with the one I have, it's just . . . old. I'd certainly replace the current hand-built TV stand with an entertainment center. If there's any money left over, I'm getting surround sound.

Dessert - Fill in the blank: My _________ says __________, but I __________.

My mind says no, but I say yes.

No comments: