Friday, August 10, 2007

Top Five On Friday - 8/10/07

Today's Top Five gives it the old college try:

Top 5 artists you loved in college.

1) BeauSoleil. I discovered them in college and completely fell in love with their Cajun grooves.

2) Alabina. Go to the link for more information. I haven't listened to them in a while (except for one song), but I loved many of their songs in my freshman year. I think I discovered them on internet radio.

3) Natalie MacMaster. I still remember the day I first heard her album "In My Hands." I picked it up at the record shop after a class, and walked back to my dorm room while listening to it on my portable CD player. I was in a state of bliss.

4) JPP. I think it's only fair to mention one of the Scandinavian/Nordic bands I listened to back then, because I discovered that kind of music just before entering college. I bought two of their albums, and I even saw them in concert. I don't listen to them too much anymore, but once in a while I'll pull out one of their CDs and enjoy.

5) Jeff Buckley. I was introduced to his music in college, and I spent a lot of time walking around campus with his music in my head.

1 comment:

The Mistress of the Dark said...

I've never heart Natalie though I've heard good things about her.