Monday, August 13, 2007

Scandinavian Festival Report - Part Two

After about an hour's time at the Festival, I escaped the malevolent eyes of the ever-present Vikings to head to the north part of the Festival grounds in search of food:

Watch out for Vikings!

I knew this part of the Festival pretty well, but still I wandered around and looked about, taking the occasional booth photo:

Friends Of The Library booth

I made my way up to the fire hall/Market Stage area and finally sat down again to watch more entertainment. The photography conditions were challenging (everyone was underneath a big tent, so I had to somehow increase the amount of light hitting the camera). I managed to get some fairly good pictures of the mixed age-group dancers:

Mall Platform Dancers 2007 #4

Mall Platform Dancers 2007 #1

Mall Platform Dancers 2007 #13

By this point, I was hungry again. What to eat next? Because I missed out on the lingonberries at the Swedish pancake booth, some lingonberry ice cream sounded like just the thing:

Lingonberry Ice Cream

After my ice cream treat (which included real, whole, lingonberries), I was still hungry and so strolled the streets some more, looking at everything offered for sale. My wallet told me to forgo the roast beef sandwich and satisfy my hunger with an under-$2 hot dog. Well, Scandinavians eat hot dogs as a street food, right? I guess that makes it fit the theme.

Post-hot dog, I took some more photos of booths and the beautiful, interesting buildings in downtown Junction City:

Beautiful Festival Booth

Downtown Junction City buildings #2

At this point, it was time to meet up with my grandparents at the windmill in the middle of everything. I decided I'd had my fill of the Scandinavian Festival for one year, but I couldn't resist leaving with just one more yummy treat, one I haven't had in years:

Fri-Jo

A Swedish Fri-Jo! It was very warm and soft inside, kind of like my feelings for the festival when I attend.

Next year will be a challenge. I've taken photos at the festival for two years now, and I need to find new, fresh ways of looking at the event. One can only take so many photos of the windmill or the Festival Hall. But two things are for certain - I'll take many more pictures of the entertainers, and many more pictures of the food!

To see more of my Scandinavian Festival photos, please click here.

No comments: