Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Yes, another Bourdain post

As I discussed briefly yesterday, I did indeed to go the bookstore in the mall to see if I could find any of Anthony Bourdain's books (found them in the cooking section). They had three of them, his most popular, but I chose not to purchase them in the store. I knew I could get a better deal on Amazon.com, and I did.

I purchased:

Kitchen Confidential

and

A Cook's Tour

They were just $10.17 each!

I wanted to get one more book to qualify for free shipping, so when I got home from the movie, I looked around on Amazon for good book deals. I searched through many of the music books, but didn't find anything that caught my fancy (or my price range). For some reason, I wanted to see if their copy of Live From New York: An Uncensored History Of Saturday Night Live was cheap. It was fairly inexpensive, but I searched a little more and found it at a bargain price of $5.99! As an overstock book, it will probably have some kind of mark or sticker. That's ok with me! I'm getting three books for cheaper than two new Bourdain books would have cost me in-store.

Now here's a question for all the Beatles fans out there: Which Beatles biography should I purchase? Which one is best? The recent Bob Spitz biography is in paperback now, but some reviews on Amazon say it contains significant errors and falsities. Other people say it's the best Beatles biography to date. Is it, or should I purchase something else? Or wait until a better biography is written?

The last thing I want to mention - apparently Amazon.com is now working well with Firefox. I used to have problems with it, but it seems to be working great now. I'm guessing Firefox updated something to fix the problem, or Amazon.com did something to their site to make it work better with the 'fox. Whatever happened, I'm glad I can use it in my favorite browser now!

No comments: