Thursday, October 18, 2007

I've Found What I'm Looking For

What I'm looking for is a remastered version of Joshua Tree by U2!

It's the only U2 album I own, and there has only been one version of it on CD. The sound quality is fairly bad. On "Exit," I can hardly hear Bono's singing, let alone the words he's singing. I don't want to have to blast the volume to hear a song properly.

It goes without saying, then, that I'm excited by today's announcement that U2 will re-release Joshua Tree in a remastered version. There will be three editions - single disc, double disc, and double disc + DVD. The single disc will be fine for me. I can't afford to get a two-disc set anyhow.

After I get this new version, perhaps I'll finally realize what's so great about this much talked-about album.

1 comment:

The Mistress of the Dark said...

There's so much out there that needs remastering. I'd love the Oingo Boingo catalog to get an overhaul.