Monday, November 26, 2007

Monday Music Mambo - 11/26/07

It's Electric Guitar day at the Mambo!

1. Have you ever played electric guitar? Did you enjoy it?

I've only fooled around a little on a friend's guitar. It was amusing. I just wish I could actually play.

2. Name one of your favorite electric guitarists and why you like him or her.

I'll name the late Stevie Ray Vaughan. Why was he so great? He had a style all his own. No one else has a sound quite like his. He could do it all - fast Texas boogie, slow blues, jazzier pieces. He was also a true entertainer - he put on a show and abused his guitar for the audience's entertainment.

3. Name a song with a good electric guitar solo.

One that I'm liking lately is James Honeyman-Scott's solo on "Kid" by The Pretenders. It's an excellent country-inspired solo. I especially love the very end of it.

4. You just bought a brand-new shiny electric guitar. What song do you try out on it first?

Probably "Purple Haze." That would be a good one to start with.

No comments: