Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Pond Prompts - 11/27/07

It's been a while since I've done one of these, so I'll do one now to give you something to read!

My motivation for living right now is...

Quite simply - the future. All the things I have yet to do. All the places I have yet to see. All the things I have yet to accomplish. All the people I have yet to meet. I'm not a religious man, and I'm not sure what happens after death. Because of that uncertainty, I think we should appreciate life while we still have it.

How do you feel about the holidays?

I'm mostly positive about the holidays. For one thing, it gives me something to look forward to. I'm uncomfortable if I don't have that. I also like the tradition of it all. Traditions bring memories. I suppose it all depends on whether your memories are positive or negative. Mine are positive.

As the years go by, I'm less focused on the gift part of the holidays. Sure, they're nice to get. But if I don't get them, I can always buy them myself! What I do enjoy is giving gifts to others. I enjoy giving even more than others enjoy getting. I try to put a lot of thought into my gifts. Even if I can't get something original or special, at least I give things with love. Nothing makes me happier than people appreciating a gift I've given them.

No comments: