Wednesday, November 07, 2007

They're Special, So Special

Now that I'm limiting myself to one CD per month (in most cases), I have to be picky about what I buy. One album I've been looking to buy for a while is the deluxe edition of The Pretenders' self-titled debut. I ordered it last week from CD World, and it arrived yesterday. It's now playing in my DVD player.

What do I think of it so far? Pretty good stuff! The first half is a little better than the second half, and a few of the songs are far too long (over five minutes). They're good songs, but could be improved by being cut to four minutes or less. The musicianship is excellent, and Chrissie Hynde never sounded more confident than she does in her recording debut.

I'm now listening to the bonus disc, and it's very good so far. It's worth the money for "Cuban Slide" alone.

I do have one complaint - the packaging is too big for my CD rack on my computer desk! But the liner notes are killer, and the pictures are great.

No comments: