Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Tuesday Tunes - 11/6/07

We're gettin' all political today on Tuesday Tunes:

What song makes the best political statement to you?

Two of Bob Marley's best make some pretty strong political statements:

"Them Belly Full (But We Hungry)" - A hungry mob is an angry mob

"War" - Until the philosophy which hold one race superior and another inferior is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned
Everywhere is war, me say war

What's your favorite "folk" song?

I have to go with the classic "Blowin' In The Wind" by Bob Dylan. Non-politically, I like "The Leaving Of Liverpool."

How do you feel about candidates choosing pop songs for their campaigns?

If the candidates want to impress me, they should write their own campaign song. Otherwise, they should make sure they know what the song means and get permission from the writer of the song to use it.

2 comments:

The Mistress of the Dark said...

2 votes for Blowin' In The Wind. And I agree with you on the campaign songs, and I'm so glad you fixed my huge typo

moodymistress said...

I've always loved the Leaving of Liverpool.