Friday, November 16, 2007

Top Five On Friday - 11/16/07

Friday memes are here, starting with the Top Five:

Top 5 albums that you are thankful that you bought this year/or are thankful were recorded. (depending on your purchasing habits)

1) Nightcrawler by Pete Yorn. I think it's his best album yet.
2) Purple Rain Soundtrack by Prince. Dig, if you will, this album.
3) London Calling by The Clash. It's a classic, no doubt about that.
4) Rancho Texicano by ZZ Top. This stuff rocks! I'm glad I splurged on the two-disc set.
5) My Aim Is True by Elvis Costello. Oh, it doesn't have the Attractions! Is this going to make a difference?, I wondered. Well, Clover doesn't do a bad job at all, and Elvis was a superstar from the very beginning. This is a very solid album through and through.

Honorable mentions: Pretenders by The Pretenders, On A Clear Night by Missy Higgins, Introducing Joss Stone by Joss Stone.

3 comments:

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Props to number 3 and 5 :)

Great albums.

theshriek said...

I love that Purple Rain soundtrack and Elvis.

Unknown said...

You just got Purple Rain??


My answers are here.