Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Links Links Links - 12/11/07

I feel like a cheap blogger when I simply recycle links that people can find elsewhere. Most of the links I feature I find on the Pop Candy blog. If you read that, you've probably seen these articles too. I link them anyway because I think they're noteworthy. Complaints? Leave comments.

  • The A.V. Club has a list of 23 songs that should never be covered again. I mostly agree, especially if an artist doesn't bring anything new to the table. It's much more courageous to write your own material. From this list, I especially agree with "Born To Be Wild" and "Hallelujah." I would add to the list "You Really Got Me Now" by The Kinks and "Stairway To Heaven."
  • Cracked has the 9 most unnecessary greatest hits albums of all time. I am proud to say that, although I own many greatest hits albums, I own none of these. Unfortunately, I did own one of Shaquille O'Neal's CDs when I was younger and stupider. Who is buying these albums? If you're actually a fan of Vanilla Ice or Tone Loc, you probably have their albums already and don't need these "hits" collections.

No comments: