Friday, December 14, 2007

Top Five On Friday - 12/14/07

Time for Top Five!

Top 5 songs that should never be covered again!

I'm going to count songs that were actually released, and songs that drunken fools attempt on karaoke night.

1) "I Will Survive," original by Gloria Gaynor. We get it, you're a survivor. You don't need to sing a disco song to let us know about it.

2) "My Way," original by Frank Sinatra. We get it, you're an independent soul. This is Frank's song, so leave it alone.

3) "Yesterday," original by The Beatles. Just because it's the most-covered song of all time. Why not try something a little more challenging, like "I Am The Walrus"?

4) "Hallelujah," original by Leonard Cohen. Jeff Buckley owned this song with his wonderful version, so no one else need attempt it. Except k.d. lang, who did a wonderful job with it. But she could have picked something else.

5) Lastly, a holiday song to be seasonal. "Run, Run Rudolph," original by, I don't know, Chuck Berry probably. I've heard so many versions of this song. It's a good song, but it's been done to death!

1 comment:

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Oingo Boingo covered I Am The Walrus!!! Wanna hear it?

Something is the 2nd most covered Beatles song. I'm glad I've only ever heard the Across The Universe cover which was good.

Great list.