Monday, June 09, 2008

Build A Best-Of: Nickel Creek

Earlier in the year, Tuesday Tunes had us make a best-of for a favorite artist. I'm in the mood to do another, so this time I'm going to make the best of . . .

Nickel Creek

Nickel Creek already has a best-of, so I'll write my own and compare it to the existing collection. This should be interesting!

1) When You Come Back Down
2) This Side
3) Smoothie Song
4) Doubting Thomas
5) Speak
6) Jealous Of The Moon
7) House Of Tom Bombadil
8) When In Rome
9) Sabra Girl
10) Scotch and Chocolate
11) Sweet Afton
12) Somebody More Like You
13) The Lighthouse's Tale

Bonus Track (actually, let's make it a hidden track!): Any live version of "Toxic" (Britney Spears cover)

I tried to include four tracks from each album - three songs and one instrumental.

Here's the track listing for Reasons Why: The Very Best of Nickel Creek, the official Best Of:

The Lighthouse's Tale
Out Of The Woods
When In Rome
Helena
Smoothie Song
Somebody More Like You
Reasons Why
Can't Complain
I Should've Known Better
This Side
Jealous Of The Moon
When You Come Back Down
You Don't Have To Move That Mountain
The Fox

Seven of the songs I chose are on that compilation (Lighthouse, Smoothie Song, Somebody More Like You, This Side, Jealous of the Moon, When You Come Back Down, When In Rome).

Disclosure: I felt bad about leaving off "When In Rome," so I chose it instead of "Best Of Luck" after making my initial list ("Best Of Luck" was my original track 8). It was a very new direction for Nickel Creek, and it is the superior song.

No comments: