Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Tuesday Tunes - 1/29/08

It's time again for Tuesday Tunes:

Build A Best Of:

Pick one of your favorite bands/artist:

Choosing an artist was very difficult. I wanted to choose someone whose complete catalog I have or mostly have. I wanted to choose someone whose songs I could choose well beyond the singles. I wanted to pick an artist that doesn't already have a greatest hits.

I chose Pete Yorn. I've always wanted to do this for Pete's work anyway.

What are your 10 - 15 favorite songs by that band/artist

Here is my track listing for the Best of Pete Yorn (so far):

Life On A Chain
Maybe I'm Right
The Man
For Nancy ('cos it already is)
Crystal Village
Undercover
Strange Condition
Pass Me By
On Your Side
Man In Uniform
Come Back Home
For Us
Ice Age

Bonus track: "Dancing In The Dark" from the expanded edition of Musicforthemorningafter.

Optional: Make a little artwork for your best of:

I'm not skilled enough to make artwork, but I have a vision of what the artwork could be. Pete has been front and center on every album so far, so I think a best-of should go in the other direction. Pete will still be in the shot, but he'll be the corner of the picture, seated, back to us, playing a guitar. Next to him is a table with some lyrics, and a cigarette smoldering in an ashtray. Assorted gear and empty food boxes litter the floor.

Yeah, I think that would work.

2 comments:

The Mistress of the Dark said...

OK, my bad, I've never heard of him :( Care to enlighten me?

Russ said...

Pete Yorn is a rootsy singer/songwriter from New Jersey. Some of his songs are gritty rockers, and others are melodic and beautiful. He's pretty good.