Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Hallelujah!

My new camera is here! And my new book, too. I'm very, very happy about this.

The camera is very similar to what I had before. It has more bells and whistles, but it familiar enough that I can use it right away. I hope it lasts longer than my previous Canon camera! The thing I like best about it is that there are more options for ISO settings. When combined with Image Stabilization, I can get some great shots in not so great conditions. What do I not like? I don't like the lag time between shooting and image writing. There isn't a shutter lag, but there is a lag between the shutter closing and the screen coming back on. It seems my old camera was faster. I don't think it matters too much - image quality is what counts.

As for the book (New York: 365 Days) - there are some really great photos in this! There are more pictures of people, and fewer pictures of architecture, than I would like, but the photos are great all the same. This is really a view of NYC in structure and humanity. People and buildings in NYC are interconnected, and the things people do inside the buildings are as much a part of the city and its history as the buildings themselves.

I'm hoping to take more photos very, very soon with my new camera (if the weather cooperates), so look out for new photo posts in the near future.

No comments: