Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Tuesday Tunes - 6/3/08

Today on Tuesday Tunes, we're talking about favorite albums.

Pick an album that you consider a favorite but isn't by your favorite band. (I'll know if some of you cheat!)

London Calling by The Clash is one such album. It is one of my favorites (and became so very quickly), but I wouldn't call The Clash one of my favorite bands. I admire them, and like them, but they're not a favorite.

Tell us why you like the album.

I like the album because it is packed with good songs! This album has it all - reggae, jazz, disco, and, oh, yes, punk too. Every track has a great guitar riff or a catchy hook or insightful lyrics. It also helps that I like reggae. This is one of the best double album of all time, in my opinion.

What is your favorite track from the album and your least favorite track.

There are so many great tracks! It is so hard to choose my favorite. I'd have to choose "Rudie Can't Fail" as my favorite. It always gets me going.

My least favorite track is "Koka Kola." It's not very long, and I think it could have been cut or replaced. Every other song has something to like.

What caused you to buy this album or download?

I think the album's reputation caused my to buy it. I hadn't heard many of the songs beforehand, except for the title track. I liked The Clash's popular singles, and I thought I should get their most acclaimed album. I made a great choice, as I sometimes do. Also, I bought it on my birthday last year.

Do you own any other albums by this artist or is this just a one off?

This is the only Clash album I own thus far. I'll eventually get The Clash's debut album (probably the U.S. version), but I'm not sure if I'll get anything else. Perhaps one of their greatest hits compilations.

5 comments:

Natsthename said...

Epic choice! They are one of my favorite bands ever, and this album rocks from beginning to end.

Anonymous said...

I don't think I've ever listened to the album! I'm gonna have to get it now because I do like The Clash! :)

Mal Kiely [Lancelots Pram] said...

Tis a sensational album, I agree 100%. Good choice, matey!

Cyalayta
Mal :)

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Tis the only album by the Clash that I own. I really want to get one of the 2 disc sets so I have the songs I really love...but my must buy list is huge these days...and growing more so.

Anonymous said...

What ever happened to the Clash?
I thought the "Rock the Caspar" song video was funny.