Sunday, June 22, 2008

Poor George is now "Living Impaired"

I first saw the headline on a message board I was reading. Nah, can't be. This has to be a joke.

Then I went to my news feeds, and it was sadly confirmed.

George Carlin is no longer with us.

I could say that. I could say he's "passed on" or "gone to a better place."

George wouldn't go for that, though. He'd prefer I say it clearly and directly: he's dead.

George saw through all the bullshit of modern society. He made us see how ridiculous the world has become, starting with the words we speak and write.

He once talked about our need for stuff, and a place to put that stuff. That's all a house is, he said - a place for your stuff.

Well, you can't take it with you, so George will no longer have to worry about stuff.

George's legacy will live on whenever someone points out a meaningless word, inconsistency, or stupid rule that makes no sense.

2 comments:

The Mistress of the Dark said...

I was so upset when I heard that this morning. He was such a funny guy and so dead on too.

Bar L. said...

He will be missed!