Thursday, September 04, 2008

Pond Prompts - 9/4/08

I apologize for the lack of interesting posts here lately. Blogging, for me, is a roller coaster. There are ups, and there are downs. I really admire bloggers who can not only post once a day, but several times a day. I admire bloggers who post unique thoughts and observations. I admire bloggers who do it better than I do.

Here are some prompts:

What is the essential core of friendship for you?

For me, the essential core of friendship isn't something you can put into words. It's a feeling. It's a connection. It's a sense of comfort.

If I have to use a word, I'll mention loyalty. I've had some disagreements with friends in the past. Not too many, but a few. The true friendships have survived those rough spots. I think friendship is caring for the other person even when you disagree with them; even when they annoy you; even when you need to take a break from them. When the bad feelings pass, you're left with the desire to reconnect and keep the friendship living and strong.

If you could invent anything new, what would it be?

I would invent yummy goodies (candy, ice cream, soda, meats, etc.) that are not bad for you, but actually nutritious! Wouldn't eating healthy be easier if it tasted like chocolate?

1 comment:

Mal Kiely [Lancelots Pram] said...

Blogging is not a thing to become enslaved to! Somedays are diamonds, somedays are pearls, somedays are better than others. Don't worry about it, matey :)