Friday, November 07, 2008

Top Five On Friday - 11/7/08

She took my truck, my dog, and my top five:

Top 5 "Country" or "Alt-Country" songs

What's alt-country? I don't know too many country songs, but I'll give it a shot. I'll also try to not fill this up with all Johnny Cash.

1) "I Walk The Line" by Johnny Cash
2) "I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry" by Hank Williams
3) "Can The Circle Be Unbroken" by The Carter Family
4) "Crazy" by Patsy Cline
5) "Always On My Mind" by Willie Nelson

Bonus: "Good Year For The Roses" by Elvis Costello (yes, really.)

2 comments:

The Bumbles said...

Excellent Willie choice. That didn't come to our minds when we were creating our list - duh.

I would never think of Elvis Costello in this category - I like that song though.

I put in a request to add you as a friend on Goodreads - my husband is interested in checking out that Open Net book that you highly recommended.

Come on by and visit our list here - we share many of the same interests!

Michael said...

Cash, Williams, Cline, Nelson, and the Carter family - That's one impressive All-Star list of country talent you've got there. Great songs, too.