Friday, December 12, 2008

Top Five On Friday - 12/12/08

Top Five roasting on an open fire:

Top 5 Non-Traditional Christmas Songs

I'm going to interpret this as non-religious Christmas songs.

1) "Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree" by Brenda Lee. I've heard this song at least three times this week, and I never tire of it.

2) "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)" by U2

3) "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas." My favorite version is Sarah McLachlan's.

4) "Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town" by Bruce Springsteen

5) "The Christmas Song" by Nat King Cole

These may not be the "best," but they are some of my favorites.

4 comments:

Natsthename said...

And they are all great! Love Sarah singing that one, too. And Nat King Cole is sublime.

Anonymous said...

Nice job - "Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree" is a great choice.

SB

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Yeah the U2 is great :)

Michael said...

Nat King Cole - very nice.