Friday, January 02, 2009

More Finn

Another CD arrived in the mail today - One All by Neil Finn. It's Neil's second solo album, and I've been wanting to get it. Now I have it! It's not easy to find anymore, that's for sure.

I've listened to it a few times today, and I think it's a very good album. Nothing really stands out, nothing's immediately catchy, but all of the songs are the same quality compositions that Neil always creates. This album isn't quite as experimental and weird as Try Whistling This. I wonder what I would have thought of that album if it wasn't my first Finn experience.

As I give One All more listens, I'm sure some of the songs will start to stick in my mind and become cherished friends.

2 comments:

Mal Kiely [Lancelots Pram] said...

yes yes... i'm a bit of a one-eyed Neil Finn fan myself... it's a good album, and it will grow on you. i think it's the timbre of his voice that grows on you... really breaks thru to you in a very naturally unsettling way, but it's a welcoming thing when it kicks in. hard to explain [obviously! lol]

It's different to "Try Whistling This" and even to The Finn Bros albums, but that's a good thing too.

Anonymous said...

it'll definetly grow on you. trust me on this! took me a few listens now it's a fave.