Friday, May 01, 2009

Friday 5 - 5/1/09

Friday 5:

1. On May First, 1738, King Kamehameha I was born. What are your impressions of Hawaii?

I've been there. It's an absolutely gorgeous place to be. There are resorts and tourist areas and golf courses, of course, but there are also slices of everyday life. You see Pizza Huts and Burger Kings, local places, and cool little rural towns. I've been almost 11 years since I was there, and I still carry fond memories of being there.

2. On May First, 1873, Dr. David Livingstone died. When did you last presume something erroneous about someone or something?

Aww man, I can't remember. I suppose the last time I can think of is a job interview I had a week ago. I thought it was going to be much longer than it was.

3. On May First, 1876, Mozart’s The Marriage of Figaro debuted. How do you feel about Disney’s animated classic Pinocchio?

I haven't seen it in many, many years, but it's definitely a good movie. It gave us that wonderful song "When You Wish Upon A Star."

4. May First is Walpurgis Night in Sweden and other parts of northern Europe. When did you last sing in front of an audience?

Probably grade school. A singer I am not.

5. Me First and the Gimme Gimmes are a punk rock cover band. What song’s cover version do you like better than its original version?

I like Fiona Apple's version of "Across The Universe" much better than the one by The Beatles/John Lennon. Fiona's voice suits the song much better.

No comments: