Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Tuesday Tunes - 5/5/09

Tunes on a trip:

What music format do you take when you roadtrip and why? (CD, mp3 etc)

I don't go on many road trips, so I don't have a lot of tales to tell about what I do on them. However, now that I have my iPod, I usually take that long because I don't have to take along my CDs. If there is a car stereo to use, I'll usually take a few CDs along. A CD burner is good for those purposes.

On a couple past trips pre-iPod, I took along my entire CD collection. Thank goodness I didn't lose them or have them get dirty or destroyed!

Do you ever make special mixes or playlists just for your trip?

I usually don't. I'm not really a playlist or mix kind of man. I lack creativity in that department.

Have you ever associated a certain album or band with a trip you made?

On our last trip, down to California, we listened to The Beatles' 1 collection when we were heading back home on I-5. That will probably be my most cherished musical memory of that trip. I also enjoyed listening to my dad's Blues Brothers and George Thorogood albums on that trip.

No comments: