Thursday, August 27, 2009

Pond Prompts - 8/27/09

It's time to see what questions I care to answer for your entertainment and amusement:

What continent would you most like to visit?

Europe. There are many different cultures in a small area, things are different from America (but not completely) and, most importantly, there is wonderful architecture everywhere you look! Are there any historic castles in the U.S.? Didn't think so!

What items in your house will command top dollar at an antique store in a century?

I bet my iPod Nano will be very much desired if it's ever sold in 100 years. I'm sure I probably have a book or two that would sell - most likely the poetry anthology from 1936. Some of my old sports cards might also fetch top dollar, especially the signed ones.

Name a book that was difficult to read

"Call It Sleep" by Henry Roth. The dad is a grade-A abusive, insane jerk and some (actually, many) of the passages are very hard to follow. Too many run-on sentences, Henry!

What was a good high school memory?

This is a good one to answer since my high school reunion is tomorrow. I don't really have one memory in particular, but what stands out in my mind are all the games I attended. Basketball, baseball, track, even swimming. It was a pleasure watching my fellow students compete. My other memory is graduation day. We were moving forward in our lives, but at the same time it felt like we had shared some special times and that day was the last time we'd ever do so all at once.

No comments: