Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Maps and Machina

Yesterday, I did something I should have done a long time ago:  I downloaded the Smashing Pumpkins' MACHINA II/The Friends and Enemies of Modern Music album.  For those unaware, this one came after MACHINA and was released for free on the internet.  You can still download it, too.  I listened to it yesterday and I was glad to hear the familiar Pumpkin guitar crunch blasting out of my speakers.  Some of the songs sound like they could have been on the first MACHINA, but others sound like classic Pumpkins.  I was pleasantly surprised.  To be honest, I am getting excited about the upcoming one-song-at-a-time release of the Pumpkins' latest work.  This one will be free on the internet too.  Billy Corgan was releasing things for free before doing so was considered cool, and he's doing it again.

I've spent a great deal of time today exploring Google Maps.  Usually I use Google Earth, but I much prefer the Street View experience that Maps has to offer.  There are new Street Views for cities in Canada and Prague, Czech Republic as well.  I'm currently enjoying Prague.  The architecture is delicious.  Check this out, for example:


View Larger Map

No comments: