Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Five Years Of Firefox

The Firefox web browser is five years old now!  I've been using it for most of those five years.  I love it because it's so customizable and because using it makes me feel part of a larger community.  Firefox is the first browser to be seen as 'cool' and 'in.'  I'm still using it, and I'll keep using it as long as it still works for me.

In honor of Firefox's fifth birthday, here are my Top Five Firefox Add-Ons:

1.  Session Manager

This is a life saver.  If you need to restart your computer, or if it crashes, or if your browser crashes - you're covered.  

2.  Toolbar Buttons

Keyboard shortcuts are great, but they don't cover everything.  I like the ability to add buttons for functions and extensions that I can place wherever in the browser I wish them to be.

3.  Quickdrag

This makes opening links and searching so much faster!  Just highlight or click and drag.  Very, very useful.

4.  Stumbleupon

You need never be bored again with Stumbleupon.  I've found many great sites with this tool.

5.  NoScript

It makes browsing much safer, yet it's easy to use.  Just keep in mind that it's not a replacement for your brain.

Ya gotta have themes too, and my favorite (in fact, the only one I really use) is Whitehart

No comments: