Friday, November 13, 2009

Top Five On Friday - 11/13/09

It's time for Top Five:

Top 5 musical purchases you regret (or would like to cast aside to the nearest used CD store)

1)  The Spirit Of Radio: Greatest Hits by Rush.  I like a few of the songs on it, but I largely don't get what's great about the rest of them.  I suppose I don't like Rush as much as I thought I did.  I'm not sure this is an album I'm going to keep forever.

2)  Rockferry by Duffy.  This is an odd one for me.  I like most of the songs individually, but the overall album doesn't really do it for me.  "Mercy" was too good to be true.  The rest of the album is fairly good, but not as outstanding as "Mercy."

3)  Hits Unlimited by 2 Unlimited.  This was fine when I was 16, but I'm not 16 anymore and the music on this album is incredibly dated.

4)  Hardanger Fiddle Music of Norway by Knut Buen.  I do like Hardanger fiddle music, but not when it's this boring.  I'm sure Knut Buen is a master musician, but his playing isn't any fun to listen to.

5)  L'Essential by Alabina.  The CD doesn't play right!  I was so upset about that.  Maybe I'll try to find another copy of it someday.   

No comments: