Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Tuesday Tunes - 3/23/10

Literate tunes:

Let's talk about books and music:

1. What is your favorite rock bio or autobiography?


The best I've ever read is Cash: An Autobiography by Johnny Cash.  It's much more than an autobiography; it's like a peek into the life and thoughts of the great Cash. 

2. What musician do you wish would write their life story?

I'm sure Chrissie Hynde has some great stories to tell.

3. If you could write a biography of an artist living or dead, who would it be and why?

This could also be my answer for the previous question.  I'd love to write a biography of BeauSoleil's Michael Doucet.  Just think of all the musicians he's met, all the shows he's played, all the things he's seen.  He has a lot of knowledge to share about Cajun music and its history, and I'd be honored to sit with him and get it all down for a book.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I agree with you about Chrissie Hynde! I've always enjoyed her voice and The Pretenders :)