Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Tuesday Tunes - 4/20/10

Happy Tuesday!

This week's theme is "Radio"

Radio inspired many songs, what is your favorite?

"Radio Radio" by Elvis Costello and the Attractions is one of the best, although radio really just inspired Elvis' hate on that one.

Do you still listen to the radio? Why/Why not?


I listen to radio, but I listen on the internet.  There are so many interesting stations out there.  You can hear pretty much whatever you're in the mood for. 

What's your favorite station?

On regular radio, I always like KZEL, the classic rock station.  You can never go wrong with a little "More Than A Feeling" while getting ready for the day.

Are there any songs you discovered on the radio? What are they?


There are many, although I can only think of songs I've discovered through internet radio.  Lately, I've heard "Wired For Light" by School of Seven Bells, which turned me on to them.  Farther back, I learned about The Jayhawks and Missy Higgins from listening to internet radio.  The same is true for Natalie MacMaster.  I've listened to internet radio for many years, and I hope it never goes away.

No comments: