Sunday, August 22, 2010

I love rock and roll (and rock and roll concerts)

The title of this post should clue you in that I saw Joan Jett and the Blackhearts perform today.  They were playing at the Lane County Fair.  For the price of  admission, I got to see a very famous performer sing and play her heart out. 

The stage was set up in a corner by the food booths, and it was standing room only.  No seating at all.  I arrived about a half hour before the start of the show to claim a spot.  Of course, I’m so short that there’s really no good spot to be in to see everything.  The half hour went by fairly quickly and Joan and her band came on promptly at 4.

What was the show like?  Well, it rocked!  Joan played all the hits, even Runaways stuff.  She’s not afraid to give the crowd what they want to hear.  I was feeling the music, singing along, shouting, everything.  I had an awesome time, and Joan puts on a great show.  I could only see the top of her head, though.  I couldn’t see most of the other musicians at all.  But, oh, I could hear them!  I snapped some shots with my cell phone camera, the only camera I had available and working.  They didn’t turn out the best, but you can kind of see Joan.

Other than that, I walked around, took more photos with my camera, and ate stuff.  I haven’t been to the fair for a very long time.  I might go back if they get someone like Joan Jett to play again.

Here are some photos:

Joan Jett Concert 3

Joan Jett Concert 1

Ferris Wheel 2

Brain Freeze

More on my Flickr photostream.

No comments: