Thursday, November 21, 2002

A semi-productive day. Most of the afternoon was spent studying for the second midterm exam in Biology. I finished in about 40 minutes, and I think I did pretty well. Not quite so sure on the multiple choice, but I suspect I aced the essay. As usual, we took some time getting the tests handed out. Communication was severely lacking, because we picked up the scantrons from the table at the bottom of the room. Well, I only figured that out after seeing others go get it. Otherwise I'd have waited for them to be handed out to us. Also, how hard is it to count the number of people in a row, and give them the exact number of exams they need? They either give us too few, or too many and then people don't know where to pass the extras. It was kind of funny to see most of the seats filled up. It shows how many people skip lecture! I would not be surprised if people just read the book, and come in for the exams (at least on days when question sets aren't given out). Of course, if the prof lectured on stuff NOT straight out of the book, this might not happen.

Ok, that was my biology exam rant. This is gonna be a busy weekend. Lots of reading, and I hope to finish both of my papers by Sunday. The history paper isn't going well, because as usual I have not picked a good topic to write on. It seems everything I want to write about has not been written about too much by others. Or perhaps our library is not as comprehensive as the university makes it out to be. Anyway, I'm slogging around on that and hope to finish it by Saturday night if I can. Also on tap this weekend is the football Civil War, U of O vs. OSU. It almost didn't get televised, but it will be. There was a dispute between the Eugene media company that produces the UO games, and the OSU people. They chose to go with a neutral team of broadcasters, thus managing to NOT piss off the entire state minus Portland State fans. I'll see if I can't get some of this work done during the game, or at least during commercials. And on Wednesday . . . I go home! Thanksgiving is great!!

No comments: