Saturday, September 11, 2004

Birthdays, Men in Black, and Memes

First of all, Happy 17th birthday to my sister!!!

Second, I found a great link to an article honoring the Man in Black by some famous people who knew him well. Can you believe it's been a YEAR since Johnny Cash died?? Wow!

Third, I'm going to answer another Midweek Music Meme question, just for the fun of it:

What song, album, or artist do you enjoy that is radically different from the music you normally listen to?

I normally wouldn't listen to "teen pop/rock" music like Ashlee and Jessica Simpson, Avril Lavigne, Hilary Duff, and similar artists. But I actually enjoy many songs and albums by these popular teenaged girls. I think there's a lot more there than people would realize, both lyrically and musically. The music reflects the reality of these teens, and it's also just fun to listen to!

Five years ago you would never catch me listening to any country music either, but today I actually enjoy a lot of country and especially bluegrass music. Stuff like the Dixie Chicks and Alison Krauss. I tend to go for female country artists over male country artists. I think it's because I like the female voices better.

I'm also not a HUGE hip hop fan (I was when I was younger though) but now I listen to some of it. Not all of it though, some of it I just can't enjoy or relate to.

No comments: