Sunday, August 27, 2006

First, I want to apologize for things being so slow around here lately. I haven't really had the inspiration or motivation to write anything but memes. Maybe I'll try an album review sometime this week.

Here's the weekly Random Ten:

10 songs that sum up your weekend...or were on your weekend playlist...and one picture that relates back. (oh, and if you feel like it, tell us why you picked the songs you did)

1) Jimi Hendrix - 1983 (A Merman I Should Turn To Be)
2) Jimi Hendrix - Still Raining, Still Dreaming
3) Metallica - Sad But True
4) Metallica - My Friend Of Misery
5) Sileas - The Pipers
6) Los Lonely Boys - Heaven
7) Los Lobos - Evangeline
8) Los Lobos - Don't Worry Baby
9) The Who - Bargain

SONG OF THE WEEK: "Here It Goes Again" by OK Go. This is a great song, and its video is even better! If you haven't seen it, go check it out on Youtube. If that link doesn't work, just search for OK Go and the song title and you'll be sure to find it.

Here's the photo of the week. It's a macro shot I took of a yellow rose. I took this without the aid of any flash or tripod, and it turned out great!

Yellow Rose Macro

4 comments:

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Gorgeous rose!

Jeff said...

That OK Go video was genius!!!!

Anonymous said...

this is a great shot, what camera did you use?

Russ said...

I have a Canon Powershot A610. It's pretty good for a point and shoot.