Friday, March 16, 2007

Top Five On Friday - St. Patrick's Day Edition

Top of the, um, evening to you. Here's the Top Five:

Top 5 musical things (songs, albums, bands..whatever) that put you in the St Patrick's Day mood.

Song: "Tell Me Ma," traditional (and covered by just about every Irish band ever).

Album: Water From The Well by The Chieftains

Artist: The Chieftains. They are The Beatles of Irish music. And I've seen them in concert!

Instrument: Could by any of them, but I'm going to choose the Uilliean pipes. I hope I spelled that right. That's an instrument you're unlikely to find anywhere but Irish music.

Another artist: Kevin Burke, one of the greatest Irish fiddlers of all time.

2 comments:

moodymistress said...

The Chieftains are great-- I envy you if you've seen them in concert! :)

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Oh I love the Chieftains. Great list :)