Monday, August 20, 2007

On a Monday night . . .

There's nearly a half-hour to go until History Detectives begins. It's a new episode, so I'm definitely watching. After that will be Tony Bourdain on "No Reservations." It's always a blast to see where he goes and what he eats, and his voice-overs are the best part. They're very well written and make me want to buy Bourdain's published works.

I'm listening to Jimi Hendrix right now. Haven't done that in a while, but I had the urge to listen to Electric Ladyland for some reason. It's probably the key album out of all the albums Hendrix made. It's no mere collection of songs, that's for sure. Each song has something to grab hold of, some new sound or concept to soak up. It's too bad musicians don't make music this ambitious anymore.

I think I may go see "Knocked Up" tomorrow. It's out in the second-run theater, and I want to see it before it leaves. It rained today, but I think I'll go anyway, rain or shine.

And while I'm there, I may just stop by the bookstore in the mall to see if they have any Bourdain books.

No comments: