Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Pond Prompts - 8/22/07

How did you meet your closest friend?

I don't have one true 'close' friend, so I'll give answers for each of my closest friends:

Mike - I met him in Cub Scouts when I was in 4th grade. I was in a class with his older brother, too. We became fast friends and my life hasn't been the same since. He's a wild, crazy, funny dude, but has a sincere, serious, thoughtful side too. He's just a great guy.

Curtis - I met him in 5th grade. I was new to the school, and he was one of my little 'gang of pals' that year. We were a motley crew, but I think I liked Curtis best because he didn't pretend to be cool or apologize for being exactly who he was. He's still like that, and I still like that about him. Maybe I'm that way too.

Beth - I met her online on Halloween in 2001. We quickly found out that we had similar interests, and our personalities took it from there. We just 'get' each other - sometimes we type the same thing, or nearly the same thing, at once. I find that only happens with my closest friends.

Jessica - I met her online too, in 2002. She was looking for people in Oregon to talk to. I remember that the dorms were cold that fall, and I was comforted by our little chats in the evenings. She just seemed like a very cool person, very real, very honest. She is all those things and more. We eventually became incredibly close and there is very little we don't know about each other. I actually got to meet her in May of last year. I definitely want to meet her again! She's not online that much these days, but we still keep in touch.

No comments: