Friday, March 14, 2008

Even more music!

In honor of St. Patrick's Day, I thought I'd buy another CD. I wanted to get something Irish - no Scottish music today. I picked up something very good: The Best Of The Bothy Band.

The Bothy Band is a famous traditional Irish "supergroup" from the 1970s. Their lineup included such greats as Kevin Burke, Micheal O'Domhnaill and his sister Triona, Donal Lunny and Matt Molloy of the current Chieftains. Anyone who recognizes those names knows why this group is such a big deal. Their records are cherished, and not easy to find. I think most of their work is now out of print. That included their Best Of collection, released in 1988. That album was re-released in January, and that's the one I bought today.

I also took some photos and posted them on Flickr. Enjoy!

No comments: