Friday, March 14, 2008

Top Five On Friday - 3/14/08

Today's Top Five is groovy, man:

Top 5 songs from the 60's

1) "For What It's Worth" by Buffalo Springfield. I don't usually post my Top Five entries in any sort of order, but today is an exception. This is, without a doubt, the best song of the 60s.
2) "Sunshine Of Your Love" by Cream
3) "Respect" by Aretha Franklin. The 60s were years when everyone wanted more of this. Respect for race. Respect for gender. Respect for just being yourself.
4) "Like A Rolling Stone" by Bob Dylan. Dylan's most famous is also Dylan's best.
5) "All You Need Is Love" by The Beatles. Not the Fab Four's best song, but the one with the most important message. Also, it was broadcast around the world. That's a big deal.

I'm a fan of music from this era, so I could go on and on, but I only have five songs to play with. I think the above are not only great songs, but songs that say something about the time in which they were created.

3 comments:

Polly said...

I agree sooo much great music then, and so many things could have ended up on my list.

We matched on Buffalo Springfield. WOOT! LOL!

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Love For What It's Worth and of course The Beatles track is awesome!

Great list :)

Michael said...

"'All you need is love.' John Lennon said that. Smart man. Shot in the back. Very sad."

(Independence Day reference. Sorry.)

Great list!