Friday, June 27, 2008

Top Five On Friday - 6/27/08

You are going to enjoy today's Top Five. You will read my list:

Top 5 "You" songs ie. songs with "you" in the title.

1) "I Got You" by Split Enz
2) "You and I" by Jeff Buckley
3) "I Want You" by Elvis Costello
4) "I'm With You" by Avril Lavigne. (Hey, it's a good song!)
5) "You Got It" by Roy Orbison

Looking through my Winamp library, I see so many other songs that I could have put here. "You" seems to be a common theme throughout pop music history.

2 comments:

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Oh yes, definitely. I don't know why that one didn't pop into my head. Actually I do, that was the first one I heard this morning on my Winamp :)

Malcolm said...

#1 on your list made me think about the cassette version of "History Never Repeats: The Best of Split Enz" that I used to have; I practically wore that bad boy out.