Wednesday, April 22, 2009

They want to take you higher

It's Wednesday, a day before my birthday, so I've started listening to another of the four CDs I bought:

Sly and the Family Stone Greatest Hits

What else is there to say about this than: it's funktastic! The label on the front calls it "One of the greatest party records ever made," and it may indeed be that. I'm really digging the rhythm section. Larry Graham is an incredible bassist, and the drummer's great too. I bought the modern, remastered version, and I'm glad I did. This is music that must be heard at its best.

I almost didn't buy this album. Not because I wanted something else, but because there was only one copy left! For weeks, CD World had several copies of it, but when I went in to buy it, there was only one and it wasn't easy for me to spot. I panicked, because I didn't have a backup plan! But fear not, because I did find it. It's funny how things are easily available until you actually want to buy them.

Stay tuned for the last two CDs!

No comments: